Meeting with representatives of Japanese entities
During one day and a half, a delegation of Japanese entities visited Santander with the goal of knowing how Santander conceives Smart City concept, which actions have been carried out and also the planned ones focused on the transformation of Santander as a real Smart City. This delegation consisted on six people, mainly managers of NTT Advanced Technology Corporation and researchers from Transportation Planning Department at Chuo University.
The agenda of this event was:
- Juan Ramón Santana, from University of Cantabria, presented the European projects initiatives which UC is involved.
- Sonia Sotero, from Santander City Council, presented the model of Santander as a Smart City and the main current and future actions to be carried out. Santander Open Data Platform was also presented due to their interest in this subject.
- Pedro Anabitarte, from Telefonica, explained the Santander New Technologies Interpretation Centre, including the mobile apps available in the city.
- Visit of the deployment in Santander City Center including traffic, parking, environmental,… sensors.
- Presentation of the Traffic and mobility laboratory, at UC Premises.
A piece of news published at the UC website: